10 Summer Road Trip Essentials
Whether it’s for a relaxing cottage weekend or cross-country jaunt with friends, the ultimate summer road trip never loses its appeal. But before you jump in the car and hit the open road, it’s important to take stock of the top 10 things you need to bring on a summer road trip.
Keep reading for our list of must-have summer road trip essentials!
Summer Road Trip Essentials
- GPS. Make sure your vehicle’s GPS is programmed with the most up-to-date navigation, and have a hard-copy map on hand just in case.
- AUTO PREP. License and registration? Check! A spare tire, cell phone car charger and extra set of keys are a good start. Also have your vehicle brought in for routine maintenance beforehand to make sure it’s good to go.
- PLAYLIST. Tunes are crucial when you’re in the car for long periods of time, especially when you hit those dead zones without cell service or radio reception.
- ENTERTAINMENT. Games, road trip scavenger hunt, audiobooks, books, magazines, podcasts and DVDs are a great way to pass the time in between catching up, taking in the scenery and listening to music.
- ELECTRICITY CONVERTER. A sure-fire way to keep the battery on your phone, laptop, tablet, kid’s game, etc from dying.
- CAMERA. Capturing it all on camera is a must. Oh, the memories you’ll make and Instagram photos you’ll take!
- TRAVEL APPS. Having GPS on your phone is good, what about other travel apps? From finding the closest gas station to a highway exit guide, download accordingly from this travel app list.
- WATER + SNACKS. Keeping a case of water in the trunk is a smart safety move. Packing other healthy food and drinks can help you save money throughout the trip (you will also avoid the hangry monster when those cravings hit and you’re stuck in the car).
- SLEEP STUFF. Leave the skinny jeans at home, or at least in your suitcase. Comfy yoga gear, workout clothes or even pajamas will do just fine. And donate forget pillows and blankets!
- TOILETRIES. Having a roll of toilet paper on hand for long drives is no joke and things like bug repellent, sunscreen, hand sanitizer and dry shampoo might make your summer road trip a lot more comfortable
For even more road trip tips and ideas, check out our Are We There Yet? Pinterest board. Please feel free to leave your own in the comments!